Please join us Tuesday, June 19, from 2:00 – 3:30 p.m. ET for our monthly technical assistance webinar titled, “The Role, Responsibility, and Requirements of Law Enforcement: Building Victim-Centered Approaches”. This webinar has been developed to provide participants with the opportunity to hear different perspectives from law enforcement about initiatives and strategies relevant to supporting victims of human trafficking, including accounts and successes in shifting personal-, agency-, and community- mindsets towards victim-centered approaches in policing. It will explore strategies and opportunities for strengthening and sustaining relationships between law enforcement, victim service providers, and their communities.
The presenters this month will be:
Resident Agent in Charge
HSI Manchester, New Hampshire
Homeland Security Investigations
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Human Trafficking Task Forces
Office for Victims of Crime
U.S. Department of Justice
Austin Police Department
Chief of Police
High Point Police Department
High Point, North Carolina
After completing this webinar, participants will be able to:
Understand how different law enforcement agencies and departments have facilitated victim-centered approaches, built strong partnerships, and collaborated with service providers and the community.
Recognize some challenges faced by law enforcement and other members of multidisciplinary teams in achieving and implementing victim-centered strategies and protocols in cross-disciplinary work, including: community outreach, investigation, service provision, and prosecution.
Identify examples of successful individual and community strategies in overcoming challenges to multidisciplinary team work, and to implementing victim-centered approaches.
Apply the concepts and strategies discussed by the webinar presenters to build, strengthen, and sustain relationships with law enforcement.
Information to access the webinar:
There is no limitation on the number of staff that can participate in the webinar; however, you MUST register to attend. Please feel free to forward this opportunity to other staff and partners who may be interested in participating.
- Please follow this link to complete your registration prior to June 19 at 2:00 p.m. (ET): https://ovcttac.adobeconnect.com/the-role/event/event_info.html
- Upon registering for this webinar, you will receive an email confirmation with a personalized link to attend the webinar. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive this confirmation.
- You will need to include the following information in your registration:
- Email Address
- First and Last Name
- Upon registration, you will be able to submit questions in advance for the presenters to address during the webinar.
- You may verify your device’s ability to access the platform, here: http://admin.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm